Steamed Mussel with Vedett
How to make steamed mussels with Vedett Extra White*
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned, debearded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small rib celery, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 tsp dried
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Vedett Extra White
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 crusty baguette, cut into 1-inch-wide slices
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet;
- add shallots and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add mussels; add Vedett* beer, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. Cover.
- Cook untill mussels are open, about 4-6 minutes, keeping pan moving frequently. Discard mussels that do not open.
- Serve in shallow bowls.